Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Package!!

Remember the sweet stranger I wrote about in my last post? If not, you can read about her here. Well, what I didn't tell you was that she gave me the contact of another fabulous woman who just so happens to have adopted siblings from our daughter's orphanage 2 years ago. These siblings grew up with our girl, and her son was classmates with our daughter!! How exciting is that?? So, I emailed her and immediately felt like we were old friends. It is so nice to have met such amazing people already on our short journey that have gone through exactly what we are going through!
Back to this in a minute. I was going to try to wait to tell our daughter's name until our court date and do a big reveal then. But honestly, it is taking a ton of energy to keep it in! It is much harder than I thought. With her being a teenager, and so many people out there already praying for her and knowing her, I feel like it is time to just let the world know her beautiful name!! Drum roll please.....our beautiful 15 year old Ukrainian daughters name is A(sorry, had to delete to protect the adoption process)!!! Isn't it a pretty name? I think it fits quite nicely with our other 4 girls' names. In case you have missed it these are our daughters: Aislynn, Avalea, Arabella, Adalaise, and Alona. Quite a mouthful, isn't it! I love how perfectly Alona's name fits with the rest of our girls.
Glad to get that out there! Now, back to my new friend:) Through emailing back and forth, she told me that a couple that lives near her were going to be leaving at the end of this week to visit A's orphanage to work on getting children approved for hosting programs this summer. She offered to help get a package together for me to send A. I was ECSTATIC!! I have been thinking about what I am going to get my girls for Easter this year, and I had been thinking about how I wished I could get something for A. Then, this opportunity came along. I am so excited that A will get her first presents from her family just in time for Easter! What better time to receive this gift, then at the time we remember our ultimate gift...the sacrifice of our Saviour.  Here is a picture of A's package:

Oh, how I wish I could be there to deliver it myself and to see her sweet face when she opens it!! We also enclosed a TON of pictures of us, so that she can look at her family whenever she wants:) We included a letter as well, and Alona's sweet former classmate translated it for us. Here is a picture of our names translated into Russian:


 I think that is pretty cool!!
Another piece of news is that we got our I-600A form mailed off yesterday! This is a big "milestone". Now, we sit and wait to hear back about getting a fingerprinting appointment.

Signed, Sealed, *hopefully* Delivered!!!
Please join us in prayer, that our form is received, and reviewed in a timely manner. We need approval of this to proceed with our adoption. Once we receive this, we can fully submit our dossier to the Ukrainian government.
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer", Romans 12:12. Clinging to this verse throughout this process. We are rejoicing in the hope of bringing Alona home soon, we know there were be lots of bumps to test our patience, and we most certainly will be praying every single step of the way!        





No comments:

Post a Comment