Friday, October 4, 2013

Welcome Home Alona Reece Farrell!

We arrived home one week ago today. This past week has been a huge whirlwind. I will write another post in the next day or so about our first week home. First, I want to share with you our homecoming!

Alona and I were scheduled to arrive at the airport at 6:30 pm last Friday. She had requested that there not be a big "to do" because she felt that she would be overwhelmed if a ton of people were there to greet her. I completely understood her wishes, and so we made plans to have just our little family and my parents to greet us at the airport. (Ryan's parents were all out of town or else that would have been there as well:)). 

Unfortunately, we missed our connecting flight in Chicago. We had slightly less than a 2 hour layover. Turns out, that is not enough time to clear customs and get your visa processed. There were, oh...about 1,000 new immigrants needing to be processed and ONE agent processing the visas....seriously?!? So, by the time we got through with all of that, our plane was long gone. We re-booked on an 8 pm flight, and landed in Little Rock at 10 pm. 

Sweet little Adalaise could not stay up for the sweet homecoming, but Ryan made an exception and let our other 3 "littles" stay up well past their bedtime to greet their new big sister. They had made banners and bought balloons and flowers, so they would have been devastated had they not been able to come to the airport. 

As soon as our pilot told us that we were making our descent into Little Rock, I had to have a really nice talking to with myself so that I would not completely melt into hysterics. I wanted to ball my eyes out, I was so thrilled to FINALLY be home! BUT...I did not want to lose it in front of Alona and my other girls. I wanted them to know I was ecstatic to be home, not sad. And if you know me, you know that when I get started crying...I can't stop. SO, I bucked up and somehow, someway..with the Lord's help...kept it together! 

I arranged for a dear photographer Kerry Guice, to be at the airport to capture the meeting of Alona with her new family. I knew that we would cherish these pictures forever...and our family was obviously in now way prepared to take pictures ourselves. So, a HUGE thanks to Kerry for being there. If you need a fabulous photographer in the LR area...check her out here.

And without further ado, I will let the pictures speak for themselves on how Alona Reece Farrell's homecoming went:) We love you sweet girl and are so beyond blessed to call you ours!





Sweet girls waiting on us to arrive!






Seeing us finally come down the escalator:)



Telling Alona "yay!!! there are your little sisters!"



Meeting her Emmie for the first time


 Reunited with her daddy


Sister Hugs for the first time!!


Hugging her Papa



Arabella was a bit bashful


My baby girls were pretty happy to see their Mommy too:)


Alona with one set of her new grandparents


Home at last! Alona will never long for hugs, kisses, comfort, and security ever again.



Precious


Our crazy family....minus one lil baby


"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine". Isaiah 43:1

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures and this story are both so beautiful. Thanks for writing it all out. I've so enjoyed reading about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! We feel beyond blessed that the Lord called us to this amazing adventure:)

      Delete
  2. Wendy,
    My family has been following ur blog for months along with a few of our friends down here in Louisiana. I am at awe at the strength and love that you have as a mother! Adoption is near and dear to my heart and Alona's adoption story has been such a blessing! Everyday my kids ask for more of the Alona story. It has taught them so much about love and adoption. Adoption has been weighing heavy on our heart. I am so happy Alona is home and with such a wonderful and loving family. =) BYW you need to publish this blog it would be a best seller!!
    Much love!
    Amy Starrett- Moseley =)

    ReplyDelete