Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Cowboy Cups

Since announcing our plans to adopt once again on the previous post, Ryan and I have been blown away by the outpouring of encouragement, love, support, and prayers. Thank you to each of you who have reached out to us, and for all of you who have committed to praying for our family, and for our little boy.

Today, I want to share a fun fact about our little guy. When he grows up, he wants to be a cowboy:) How fun is that?!? Why, I'm not sure but he is very serious about this desire. I look forward to the day that we can take him to ride horses, visit the Dixie Stampede, and do other fun cowboy things. But for now, we have settled on getting him fixed up with cowboy gear. 

A few weeks ago, we sent him the essentials...cowboy boots, spurs, and a leather belt with a big belt buckle. I had not planned on the spurs, but he specifically requested spurs...I guess all real cowboys have them.  



Boots and spurs for our Cowboy


When he received these items, he was beyond thrilled. I wish I could share the pictures!! He has a birthday coming up, and I asked what he would like for his birthday. What else would he want but "cowboy clothes" and a cowboy hat:) Those items will be making their way to him shortly. I can't wait to see him all decked out in his gear. 

When Ryan and I decided to pursue adoption, we began to think of ways in which we could fundraise. Fundraising is not my cup of tea, but unfortunately, it's necessary. We feel strongly that we should set aside a portion of any and all funds raised to further our ministry efforts in Ukraine. We do not want to neglect our hearts desire to serve Ukrainian orphans and those in need in their communities. It is our hope and desire that throughout this adoption journey, we will not only raise awareness about adoption, but also about the need of orphan ministry partners to serve children who are not available for adoption, and who have needs that must be provided for right where they are.

So, in honor of our Cowboy, our first fundraiser is selling Cowboy Cups! These cups are amazing!! They are made of silicone, and super flexible. If you have little ones that are prone to dropping things, no worries! These won't break! They hold 16 oz of cold beverages, and come with a travel lid and straw. The cups are totally dishwasher safe, and super durable. Our Cowboy Cups feature an awesome boot design, courtesy of my friend Aubri Duran,  in honor of our Cowboy. The boots have Hebrews 10:24 on them, one of my all time favorite verses, " Let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds". I can't think of a more fitting verse, can you? By purchasing a cup, you are spurring our family on towards loving a sweet orphan boy and helping us bring him home. It is my hope that each time you drink out of your Cowboy Cup, that you will be reminded to pray for our Cowboy.....even after he is home! 


Cowboy Cups!





To order, you can comment here, send me an email: wendilynn.farrell@gmail.com, or reach out to me on FB. Cups are $20/each. Thank you in advance for purchasing, sharing with your friends, and most importantly, praying!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment