Monday, April 11, 2016

No Limits


I purchased this t-shirt a few weeks ago from a friend who is adopting a child from Ukraine. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I love the image of Ukraine on it, the Ukrainian colors displayed, and the fact that it is helping a beloved daughter join her forever family. But even more than those reasons, I love it because of the message: Love HAS NO LIMITS

As I put this tee on for the first time today, I pondered this phrase, and what it meant to me. It made me think of how dearly I love each of my 5 girls that live under my roof. About all that I would do for them. Like all of you, I'm sure, I would do ANYTHING for my kids. There is not a scratched knee that is not kissed, a head full of wet hair that is not brushed, or a good night hug and kiss that is not given. If they need me, I am there. 

Putting this tee on also made me think of my 2 kids that are still in Ukraine. About my baby boy who has to settle for I love you's given over the internet, and hugs and kisses that come every few months for just 1 week or so when I visit Ukraine. About how we have overcome many obstacles for him to be able to be with our family forever, but that there are many more obstacles in our future to overcome. That we still have more than a year before he can be with us forever. I really can't put into words how hard it is to have a child that is yours in your heart, and that has been for nearly a year, living an ocean away from you. It goes against every fiber of being a mom to miss out on the every day, mundane things that your child experiences and goes through. It KILLS me to not be able to tuck him in each night and give him good night hugs and kisses like I do my girls. 

And then there is our sweet Masha who God brought into our lives rather unexpectedly, just like our other 2 Ukrainian kids. At 18, she is just now getting the chance to have a mother and a father figure who will love her unconditionally. She is so excited to be a part of the ordinary parts of family life, like helping cook meals alongside her Mama and Daddy and looking through old photo books of when her parents got married. 

When we adopted Alona 2 1/2 years ago we had NO IDEA what God had in store for us down the road. We were clueless that God had a whole big future filled with ministry in Ukraine and additional children He would add to our family. Sometimes we question this calling, and want to tell God NO MORE!! We can't handle one more thing, one more child. But then I think of the sweet children that so desperately need to know what Love is. That true LOVE HAS NO LIMITS! That each one of them is worth fighting for, worth the crazy amounts of money it takes to get them here. They are worth every piece of paperwork, endless amounts of stress, heartache, and time. That no matter what lies behind, they have a bright future filled with LOVE! 

When I think about how much our Savior loves us, and how His love for us has no limits....even unto death on a cross, then it makes the sacrifices we have to make and the stress that goes with caring for orphans seem super insignificant. In fact, we count it  a huge blessing to be chosen to love on these kids and to be the reflection of God's love in their lives. 

Thank you to many of you who have reached out with kind, encouraging words about our plans to bring Masha over on a student visa this fall (if you missed out on how this evolved, you can read about it here). We have been so humbled by the pledges of prayer and support that we have received. In just the last week we have received $5,600 in donations to help cover the fees associated with bringing her here. What a blessing it is to see how God is moving in the hearts of many of you to come alongside us and help Masha experience the love of a family!! We currently have $24,400 left to raise in the next few months. Would you please prayerfully consider how God might use you to love and support Masha? Together, we can show her that LOVE HAS NO LIMITS!!

To make a tax deductible donation, click here

or you can mail checks to:

1U Project
c/o Wendy Farrell
2625 S. Forrest Heights Ave
Springfield, MO 65809


2 comments:

  1. Hello, we are in the process of Adopting 3 girls from Ukraine. We were looking at a shirt fundraiser and loved this shirt. Where did you get the print for this shirt???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, we are in the process of Adopting 3 girls from Ukraine. We were looking at a shirt fundraiser and loved this shirt. Where did you get the print for this shirt???

    ReplyDelete