Monday, September 9, 2013

Children's Park and Evpatoria

A and I have had a great couple of days. After our trip to Yalta on Saturday, the girls were really tired and did not want to do much yesterday. We slept in and then went for a walk around downtown. A and L really wanted to go to a thrift store called Second Hand (not sure why), so we went there and they found a few little gems that they just couldn't live without. After that we headed to an outlet mall to do a little shopping, and then went to a children's park here in town. 

The children's park has a bunch of old carnival rides. When I say old, I mean ancient!! We rode the ferris wheel, and the girls rode another crazy ride. The ferris wheel is situated next to the "zoo"...which is the most pitiful looking zoo I've ever seen. I felt sorry for the animals!

 View from the Ferris Wheel
 The "zoo" 
 A and L enjoying a ride
 Children's Park
Our fabulous facilitator/translator/excursion guide and me:)

After the children's park, we went to a really cool coffee shop called Caffeine for dessert, and then headed home. A and L are quite smitten with a movie star by the name of Mario Cassas...I had never heard of him until last night. He stars in a movie called 3 Steps to Heaven, or something like that, so they found it for free on the internet and watched it. Being a mother, I looked up the rating, and it had the british rating of 12, meaning kids 12 and over can watch it. I was shocked because there were quite a few scenes with heavy kissing going on. The girls fast forwarded through those parts!!

Caffeine Coffee House

Today A had to go to her drop off place at 9. We enjoyed a nice walk through the park on the way. After dropping her off, I walked back to the apartment by myself, and a very unfortunate incident took place. Thankfully, everything is ok, but needless to say, I will not walk through the park alone again!! I enjoyed a quiet few hours to myself at the apartment..safe and sound behind locked doors after the incident!

Our facilitator picked me up at 1:30 and we headed to pick A up. After that, we picked up A's brother Sasha so that they could spend some time together, and went to a little resort town nearby called Evpatoria. We walked around the boardwalk, ate a late lunch, enjoyed some cotton candy, and battled it out in bumper cars. It was a great afternoon, and I hope A and Sasha will have fond memories of this day. 
 Evpatoria...Black Sea in the Distance
 Sasha and A on our walk
 Going in for the kill:)
Sasha paying me back!

Tomorrow we are going to go shoe shopping for some kids at the orphanage, and deliver them to the children. We are also going to visit with Anya, and let her talk to her new Mama for the first time on the phone!!! I am SO excited about this:) L's parents will also arrive in the morning to visit with L for a few days. I am looking forward to meeting them finally, and spending some time with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment