Monday, August 26, 2013

My Birthday!

"Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness" 2 Corinithians 9:13

As I was sitting in carpool line today (still hard to believe that I have a school age daugher now!!), I decided to make good use of my time and open up my Bible (yes it was still in the car from church yesterday). The verse above is what I opened to. As so often happens with the Lord, this verse fits perfectly with an idea I have been throwing around. 

One week from today is my birthday. I will be turning 31...gasp!! I know, also hard to believe:) In honor of my birthday, I wanted to do something that would make a difference in the life of at least one family and one orphan. Which led me to wanting to do something for a hosting program that is very near to my heart...Children's Cultural Connection. What impact has CCC had in my life? Well, I have to indirectly credit them with leading our family to our precious daughter A. You see, last summer her best friend Liza came to the USA as a host child with CCC. It was on this hosting trip that she met her forever family. Her host family was not the family that God had picked out to be her forever family. But through her host family, she was introduced to the family that she would soon call her own. Fast forward to this past February, and her new family started advocating for A...and the rest is history! If it were not for CCC, A's best friend would never have come to the US, found her family, and in turn helped A find her forever family!

I have seen many other children be adopted because of hosting as well. And it is with this in mind, that I wanted to help another child come to the US and hopefully find their family. The problem is, as with adoption, hosting is not cheap. It costs roughly $2,700 for a child to be hosted. I have heard from many families, that they are willing and ready to open their hearts and homes to an orphan this winter, but just don't have $2,700 lying around to fund their trip. This is where we can help! In honor of my birthday next week, I am asking that 31 of my friends and family donate to CCC to help fund an orphan for hosting this winter. Just 31 people!! I know that we cannot all open our homes, but we can all help another family! No amount is too small, and every penny will go to making a HUGE difference in a sweet child's life! If you would be willing to donate, please go to http://www.guglielmoshope.com/ and click on the "donate" tab. It will take you to the Guglielmo's Hope paypal page, which is an affiliate of CCC. Your donation will be tax deductible! Please put Wendy's birthday in the notes section when you check out. Thank you all in advance!

And if you would like more information on hosting, please email me: wendilynn.farrell@gmail.com. Thanks friends!!

I am also excited to announce that a panel of 3 families will be sharing their hosting experience with us at Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock on Sunday, Sept. 8th at 5:30. If you are in the Little Rock area, please stop by! See picture below for more details:



"God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment