Friday, August 9, 2013

2 Weeks Home


We have been home for 2 weeks. The saying, "Absence makes the hear grow fonder" is definitely true in our case. I am really missing my girl today. This time of separation has been a time of conflicting emotions. On one hand, I am so very thankful to have been able to come home for this month and soak up the last few weeks of summer with my precious babies. I am so relieved that I will be here to prepare my precious 5 year old for her first day of kindergarten and to be able to be here for her on her first day of school. I am thankful that I will be here for my spunky 4 year olds first day of pre-k. I am thankful to be able to plan a small birthday celebration for my sweet 1 year old and take her to her 1 year check up. And yes, I am even thankful to be here to continue *trying* to potty train my 2 year old. These girls are the lights of my life, and I am so thankful to be able to be with them. 

A few snapshots of our life these last couple of weeks:

 My little toad on her log
 Just a girl and her puppy...and her real puppy
 Teaching the girls to play UNO so they can play with their big sister
 Climbing, climbing, always climbing!!!
Chatting with their feathered friends

On the other hand, there is such a huge void where Miss A should be. As we go about our daily lives, I am constantly reminded that A could have been here already. I am beyond ready for her to be home and to be a part of all of our everyday, mundane activities. 2 weeks home, around 3 weeks until we see her again. These last 2 weeks really have gone by super fast, and I know September will be here before we know it.

While I still cannot understand all of the "whys" of some of the bumps we have encountered in our adoption process (and probably never will), I have been reminded this week that there really is good that will come out of all of this, maybe even especially because of the bumps. Proverbs 20:24 states, "A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?" We were called to adopt our daughter, so we don't need to spend our time worrying or wondering about the "whys". We just need to focus on the end goal, the Lord has the rest of it covered!!

I was reading in Isaiah the other day and read this passage " As when fire sets twigs ablaze and causes water to boil, come down to make your name known to your enemies and cause the nations to quake before you! For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. Since ancient times no one has heard, nor ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways" Isaiah 64:2-5

What great promises our God gives us! We pray that He continues to be glorified, even in the waiting, and that when we finally bring our daughter home, everyone will know it is because the Lord's great provisions only. 

Thank you all for the continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment